What to Expect
- Inform your physician of pending surgery and sedation as soon as possible so they can contact us about special instructions for stopping blood thinners and other medications.
- If you are doing oral sedation or IV sedation, please refer to the special instructions for sedation. Please read thoroughly and carefully.
- For your convenience, we give the prescriptions to your pharmacy in advance. Please take the pre-medication that was discussed at consultation appointment.
- No smoking or alcohol the day of the surgery. Please refrain from smoking for one week after the procedure. Smoking greatly hinders the healing process.
- Have an ice bag available at home. Also have soft foods available after the procedure. Examples include Ensure, applesauce, Jell-O, pudding, yogurt, scrambled eggs, pasta, and mashed potatoes.
- In order to keep the surgical environment sterile, please refrain from using cosmetics around your mouth on the day of surgery.